IE11 on Windows brings an entirely new browsing experience and set of capabilities to the Web, such as a new touch first browsing experience and full screen UI for your sites, security improvements that offer the best protection against the most common threats on the Web, improved performance, and support for the HTML5 and CSS3 standards developers need.
With this new release, Windows 7 customers receive all of the performance, security, and under-hood changes that enable a stellar Web experience. IE11 Release Preview also sends the “Do Not Track” signal to Web sites by default to help consumers protect their privacy.
Internet Explorer 11 Versions Available
- Internet Explorer 11 for IT Professionals and Developers–Windows 7 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Edition
- Internet Explorer 11 for IT Professionals and Developers–Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-Bit)
- Internet Explorer 11 (64-Bit)
Web Based Download for Internet Explorer 11
Offline Installers for Internet Explorer 11
Microsoft often discourage the use of offline installers, though they make them available. They claim web-based installers are faster, find below the offline installers link for IE 11.
- Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit)
- Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit)
- Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (64-bit)
For other language support visit the following page to get the offline installer for Internet Explorer 11 for other supported languages.
Internet Explorer for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
By default windows 8 and windows 8.1 comes with the Internet Explorer, you do not need an offline version to install IE 11 on your windows device. To install Internet Explorer on your windows 8 and windows 8.1, follow the instruction. below.
1. Click on search and type Microsoft Windows Store.
2. Once inside the store, go the productivity and find Internet Explorer.
3. Click on it to begin installation.
It will download as an application and will be visible on your Metro tiles.
Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 8.1 for x64-based systems (KB2901549)
Install this update to resolve issues in Internet Explorer. For a complete list of the issues that are included in this Update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
Download Windows 8.1 for x64 based system update
To Install the Internet Explorer 11 you need to meet the following requirement
A Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 PC.
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Internet access (ISP fees might apply)